Ultravac® 5in1 is used to prevent the major clostridial diseases in cattle and sheep.
For the prevention of enterotoxaemia (pulpy kidney disease), tetanus, black disease, malignant oedema (blackleg-like disease) and blackleg in cattle and sheep including swelled head in rams.
- Ultravac® 5in1 is a breakthrough in 5in1 technology.Zoetis’ unique ultra-filtration process creates a more pure vaccine that stimulates a targeted response by the immune system. This ensures rapid and effective protection against the dangerous clostridial diseases.
- Ultravac® 5in1 represents a new generation of products. The ultra-filtration of the vaccine means that the recommended dose is 2mL for cattle and 1mL for sheep. This means less fridge space is required and fewer vaccine bottle changes are needed when vaccinating large numbers of stock.
Dosage & Administration:
- Cattle, including calves
2mL followed by a second dose of 2mL 4 weeks later.
- Sheep, including lambs
1mL followed by a second dose of 1mL 4 weeks later.
- The first vaccination should be given at lamb marking or at 6 weeks of age for calves. A second dose should be given 4 to 6 weeks later. A booster dose given 12 months after the two basic doses of vaccine should confer lifelong immunity against blackleg and tetanus. However, further annual boosters are required to maintain immunity against black disease and malignant oedema.
- More regular doses may be required to maintain immunity against enterotoxaemia (pulpy kidney). These are best given prior to seasonal challenge and advice from your local veterinarian is recommended.
- Annual booster doses should be given around four weeks before calving or lambing to ensure that passive immunity is passed onto the new-born calf or lamb via the colostrum (first milk).
- Vaccine can be used for 30 days after opening providing correct storage instructions are followed.
- This product can be stored and used for up to 30 days after first opening. On each subsequent reuse, swab the opening with a suitable disinfectant (for example, methylated spirits) both before and after using. A sterile needle must be used each time product is removed. Store unused material upright, at 2°C to 8°C (refrigerated) and in the original cardboard packaging to protect from light.
- Store at 2°C to 8°C (Refrigerate. Do Not Freeze)
- It is important that the vaccine is kept properly mixed before and during use.
- For subcutaneous use only.