Essential Electrolyte for Hard-Working and Endurance Horses
Endura-Max is an essential electrolyte, with available sources of calcium and magnesium designed specifically for hard-working and endurance horses. Horses competing in long-distance endurance events have different electrolyte needs than most other performance horses.
Why use Endura-Max?
- Formulated to match the composition of horse sweat with added calcium and magnesium to aid in the rehydration of long-distance or hard-working horses
- May reduce acute deficiencies associated with dehydration, which can result in such conditions as colic, thumps (spontaneous diaphragmatic flutter), and tying-up
- Assists in stimulation of thirst response and rehydration
- Endura-Max Paste combined with the protective properties of a buffering agent to gently coat the stomach lining and buffer gastric acid, which is important for horses prone to gastric ulcers
When to use Endura-Max
- Endurance or hard-working horses requiring electrolyte supplementation
- Horses prone to thumps
- Prior to travel, throughout competition and post event
Endura-Max should be fed to endurance horses during competitive rides, hard training rides and recovery.
The following are general guidelines. Adjust the amount of electrolyte supplementation depending on the level of exercise and environmental conditions.
These recommendations are for a horse with a mature body weight of 450kg and should be adjusted to suit the weight of your horse.
Always allow free-choice access to fresh, clean water following supplementation with electrolytes. A veterinarian should be consulted before feeding electrolytes to a horse that is not willing to drink water.
Feed 30*-60g (½ -1 level scoop) prior to a long journey to the ride base.
Feed 30-60g (½ -1 level scoop) the night before the ride, and prior to start, especially in hot and humid conditions.
Feed 30-90g (½ -1½ level scoops) at each vet check or approximately every 2 hours during the ride, and again after competition.
Feed 30-60g (½-1 level scoop) in each feed, for three to four days following the ride.
Endura-Max should be mixed well with feed.
Endura-Max can also be mixed in water at the rate of 60g per 10L, if your horse drinks water with added electrolytes.
Note: Consult your local rules of racing regarding race-day use.