WHAT IS CYDECTIN LONG ACTING INJECTION FOR SHEEP?
- Contains moxidectin – the most potent macrocyclic lactone (ML)
- No less than 91 days persistent activity against barber’s pole worm and small brown stomach worm
- Up to 49 days persistent activity against black scour worm
- Up to 4 months protection against severe challenge by barber’s pole worm
- Recommended for highly contaminated pastures
- Ideal for use where paddock larval burdens are high, or where animal immunity levels are expected to be low (e.g. lactating ewes and merino weaners).
- For improved sustainability use CYDECTIN LONG ACTING INJECTION FOR SHEEP concurrently with a drench from another chemical group.
WHY CHOOSE CYDECTIN LONG ACTING INJECTION FOR SHEEP?
- Control of internal parasitesMoxidectin is the most potent member of the macrocyclic lactone (ML) family of drenches, meaning it can kill worms resistant to ivermectin and abamectin.
- Broad spectrum parasite controlCYDECTIN LONG ACTING is highly effective against all major internal parasites that are susceptible to an ML drench, including gastrointestinal roundworms and large lungworm. These worms reduce overall productivity, especially in young animals. Weight gains and wool growth can be reduced significantly. CYDECTIN LONG ACTING also controls itch mite and nasal bots.
- Longer acting worm controlCYDECTIN LONG ACTING controls barber’s pole worm and small brown stomach worm for at least 91 days, and black scour worm for up to 49 days. It also protects against severe challenge from barber’s pole worm for up to 4 months. Good worm control means cleaner sheep, less pasture contamination and increased productivity
- Less drenchingCYDECTIN LONG ACTING’s long duration of activity can mean less drenching and may help reduce the development of resistance.
- Ease of applicationCYDECTIN LONG ACTING is delivered by a simple, subcutaneous injection.
- SafetyCYDECTIN LONG ACTING has a wide margin of safety when used as recommended.